MARINE CHRONOMETER 44, roman
€415,31 inc. VAT
The price is net and does not include the VAT .
For deliveries within Europe the resonsible VAT of your country will be added during the checkout.
In the 18 Century, the carpenter John Harrison developed on behalf of the British government a precision instrument for accurate determination of longitude at sea, the first marine chronometer.
These high-precision chronometers, gimbal mounted in wooden boxes where mainly built for the Navy in Hamburg, Kiel and Glashütte. They where used on many marine vessels until the invention of the quartz movement and are highly collectable items today.
As a tribute to the craft and to be able to enjoy looking at this classic design on the wrist, STEINHART has developed the series "Marine Chronometer". Powered by a Swiss pocket watch movement, stored in a brushed stainless steel case, you can admire the simple beauty of this instrument under the domed sapphire crystal at any time now.
This watch is a new watch without any traces of use. It is a sample from the Steinhart showroom!
The watch has been overhauled and tested by the manufacturer.
This watch comes with a 24 month warranty from the manufacturer
ETA Unitas 6498-1
- Swiss made
- 17 Jewels
- 18.000 vibrations per hour
- Geneva strips 18 lines
- blue screws, golden wheels
- Rhodium plated
- second hand at " 6 "
- Stainless steel 316 L satined
- Diameter 44 mm
- Height 14,2 mm
- Weight 103g
- Lug width 22 mm spring bar
- Sapphire glass domed, with double anti-reflecting coatings on the interior side
- Bezel Stainless Steel
- Back Stainless steel 316 L screwed with mineral crystal
- Waterproof to 5 ATM (limited water resistant, no swimming or shower)
DIAL & HAND
- Dial white
- Indices roman, black numbers, blue hands
STRAP & BUCKLE
- Strap leather brown 22x18 mm
- Buckle deployment clasp 18mm stainles steel with Logo